Monday, August 22, 2011

Ok, I know I only post about the baby and/or the nursery, but hey, that baby boy pretty much gets all of our attention already and he's not even here yet! So the only thing I have to post about is the completed nursery. But I'm happy that everything is done and ready, now all we need is a baby to put in there!

View from the door
Shelves above the dresser


Prints above dresser. Designed in InDesign, printed at Costco and put in Ikea frames. Love how they turned out!

My favorite print from Deseret Book, lamp from Ikea, giraffe blanket from Grandma Warnick.

My DIY ottoman. I had before pictures but they got deleted off my camera. Chase found an old leather ottoman/footstool at DI for $5. I cleaned it up, covered it with batting and a pillow on top then covered it with fabric. It opens up for storage and allows me to rock the chair because my feet don't even come close to touching the ground. :)

Hot air balloon mobile and pennant flags, both DIY projects.

Favorite part of the room, my zebra rug


Closet organizers. Cheap wood cutouts from Roberts, some paint, ribbon and leftover fabric. 

I LOVE my blue cradle! Got it as a hand-me-down from my sister in law Kristi and repainted it. Can't wait to put my little baby in there. 


I'm very happy with how the nursery turned out, it makes me smile every time I walk past it. No "theme", just a collection of things that I like! Because almost everything was made by me, I was able to put everything together exactly the way I wanted it for pretty dang cheap! Love it.





1 comment:

  1. uhhh...serious!? i LOVE your InDesign signs. Seriously Brit, can i pay you to do mine? rad. rad. rad. dont be surprised if i totally copy your in design signs cause i LOVE indesign and i love your signs and i looooooooove you.

    p.s. i found an orange and navy blue baby bag. i put pictures of it on my blog. do you want it? i know you like those colors. hit me up!

    ReplyDelete