Friday, December 2, 2011

Halloween and Thanksgiving Fun!

What a busy past couple of months! Quick recap of the doings of the baby, the husband and I. 
Halloween was pretty fun this year. We got together with our best friends and had a little party and Kara and Devin's new house! We carved pumpkins, ate pizza, played catch phrase and ate lots of candy. On Halloween, I got super sick again. It rotated off between having the chills and having a fever, it was awful. I had really wanted to make Kruse's Halloween costume, but couldn't make it the week before because I was sick that entire week as well! So a couple hours before we went to my mom's I fought through my sickness and hurried and made his costume…. a little sock monkey! It was actually a good distraction and I got it done pretty quickly. 

I started with a sweater from the D.I….



 And ended up with this.
The sleeves and the tail are from an old shirt and the scarf is actually a boy scout hankerchief that I found in my mom's "lost-and-found" cabinet. I think he made a pretty cute sock monkey myself :)
The sweater was wool so it was super scratchy, so I sewed it over a onsie that I had. If you look closely, you can tell I totally sewed it with no pattern, no technique and no skill, but it's ok from far away! One-of-a-kind costume for $5 and a couple of hours. Not bad, huh?
We also went to Gardner's Village the week before with my mother-in-law and two sister-in-laws, and Kruse was dressed as a monster. 



 I love his little monster socks! A great $1 bin find at Target by Syriah and Olivia. 


This Thanksgiving was spent with the Warnicks. It was just Chase's immediate family, and we had a good time together. The week was spent just hanging out, mixed with a little black friday shopping :)
I made a quick turkey outfit for Kruse and it was pretty funny!


Can't wait for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment