Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Mad Sewing Skills.....

Ok, so maybe I can't sew a straight line to save my life, but that's the beauty of these curtains! My curtains are one of my favorite projects I’ve done so far. I bought the fabric at Home Fabrics next to Michael’s in Orem, and got two $.25 brown twin sheets on clearance at Walmart for the back of the yellow living room ones. I love how they turned out! They were super easy (once I figured out how to do it), and did them {almost} by myself, with the help of the amazing Lisa when I was stuck. I followed the instructions from this blog. I got the curtain rods and hold backs for the living room set at a garage sale for about $2 and made hold back for the dining room bay windows from $.50 white plates I got at DI.

Did I mention I {L.O.V.E.} the DI and garage sales?!?!?



Bay windows in the dining room.

$.50 hold backs and my super cute turquoise fabric.

Living room curtains, next to my sweet clock that Chasey picked out for me for my birthday :)

The color is sorta weird in this picture, but they are a nice mustard yellow. I couldn't get a good picture of the entire window because of the sun but I'm sure you get the idea!

Now I have my mom's sewing machine at my house so I can use it whenever I want! I actually just made a little pillow for my $5 vanity chair find from DI. I got the fabric at a garage sale last week and whipped this little puppy up in about 15 minutes (after I tried to turn the sewing machine on for about 10 minutes and called my mom frantically wondering why it wasn't working to discover that all four outlets I had tried to plug it in weren’t working! What are the darn chances?? Grrrr……)

I spray painted the metal bench Ivory Gloss and made four little ties on the bottom of the pillow to make sure it stays put. I also made the cover removable so I could wash it. I will eventually be painting the vanity white too.

I have a bunch more pictures of the living room and bedroom that I'll put up soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment