I finally finished and hung up my new little creation, my "birdy frame". When Chase, my mom and I went up to Brighton, CO to visit my brother and sister-in-law's family, Robin sent me home with this little beauty.
I love the size, the color, and the glass. It was perfect! It sat around for a couple of weeks until I was sitting on the couch watching HGTV and had an epiphany. I could mod podge some fabric on it and hang it in my bathroom. The walls in my bathroom are completely blank, so I went for it.
Some paint had gotten on the glass, so I scrapped it off with a razor blade. I found a cute image online, blew it up and taped it to the back of my glass. I then changed my mind and wanted to put the fabric behind the glass for two reasons. 1) So it wouldn't get wet and ruin and 2) so it would be easier to clean. Because I had already printed out the image and it had taken like 8 sheets of paper plus tons of time trying to get my printer to work, I didn't want to flip the image and do it all again so I traced it with a dry erase marker on the front side, took off the paper and ta-da! I was ready to start mod-podging. (if that's a word)
I cut out all my little leaves and birds, spread mod podge on the front side and stuck it face down on the glass. With just a little rubbing, they set like a charm. I used brown craft paint to paint the tree branch and had to use like 15 coats to make sure you couldn't see through it. When I flipped it around, this is what I got!
I kinda love it.
It did chill on the floor for a bit because I ran out of sawtooth hangy things, but now it is finally up! The best part is that I found a cute hook that is painting the exact same color as this frame from a garage sale for $1. That's my next bathroom project. Some beadboard, paint and a green hook. Perfect!!



Britt! Can I just say I LOVE all your projects! They are so cute and you are so creative! Your house looks so good. <3 good work!
ReplyDelete